Thursday, December 10, 2009

Farewell Mexico! Erin Sliney

I am writing this last blog from my chilly house in rural Kentucky, remembering the warmth of Mexico. I want to use this as my opportunity to give my farewell. Here’s to the ones we love, here’s to the ones who love us. And yes, the ones we love are the ones that love us because we make up the best Centre group to ever set foot in Merida, Mexico. And it all starts with the leader. Thank you Phyllis for being the best trip leader that I can ever imagine. You cooked us food, took us to the doctor, worried for us, taught us, and sympathized with us. I know that many professors invite students to their homes, but we all really truly felt comfortable and extremely welcome ringing the doorbell of 99j. Alison, I am so glad that I got to meet you. You were like everyone’s big sister of the group, and you are tons of fun. Everyone else, there is no way, that they trip would have been the same without you. Some of my favorite times came from time that we spent together. Taxi group: we had some good times. We did a good job taking care of each other, and I can’t even imagine what those taxi drivers thought of us, even if they didn’t speak English. And Sarah, that first night that you pulled out the sheet with everyone’s addresses was clutch. Christine, Lydia, and Katie: I will never forget that rainy, hung over day at the beach, with the huge waves, nachos, and FRANCISCO!!! You guys are great friends and very close friends. Kit and Keach, your stories and enthusiasm for fun made the trip, and I think that you were able to bring out the fun in everyone. Everyone else: you’re going to get a big hug from me at Centre. I enjoyed being surrounded by you and experiencing Mexico together. Hope Hillside Cielo will be realized. Farewell Mexico and warm weather. Farwell beaches. Farewell rum coconuts. Farewell Francisco. Farewell taxi rides. Farewell El Cielo and Amarantus. Farewell flip-flops and dresses. Farewell classes at Phyllis’s house. Farewell 21st birthdays at Palacio de Billards. Farewell hotel parties. Farewell bathing suits. Farewell all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment