Sunday, November 29, 2009

The End Is Near: Lee Myers-White

So my experience is coming to a close and I can't decide whether or not I am ready for it to be over. At the moment I am ready for this last week to be over but that also might be because it is finals week. So I could be sitting in Frankfort Kentucky in a week or so wondering why I ever though I would want to return. We just returned from our Thanksgiving break on the island of Isla De Mujeres which was wonderful. It had the nicest beach we have seen on our whole trip and much of our day was spent there. It was a little strange just making myself spaghetti for Thanksgiving dinner. Also there was a downside to the island, it was very touristy, even more so than our previous trip to Cozumel. All of the activities on the island were completely directed at tourists, mostly American tourists, and more english was found than spanish both is writing and speaking. I was also very excited that I was able to watch my first Florida State football game, which was against Florida. We lost bad but I was still glad to watch. The end nearing has also brought about much conversation of what are going to be the first things we are going to do when we get back. Food has been the main topic of discussion, mine is going to be Thai Smile in Frankfort and for those who haven't been, do. Overall this has all been an experience which I am very glad to have done and don't regret at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment