Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Un noche extrano por Christine

Last monday night Sam and I were heading to the Fair in Xmatkuil with our Mexican friends. Sam and were in Ivan's car, we were jolly, blaring the music, windows down, dancing in our seats, bobbing our heads, ready for the fair. All of a sudden, BOOM!! BOOM!! Thank god I had my seat belt on. The guy in the car in front of us runs out screaming at Ivan. Through the windshield we see the car in front of us, a baby crying in its mother's arms.. aka, no baby seat. We're sitting the car with our seat belts still on, I didn't want to take it off. I never wear a seat belt too.. Never. Sam made a joke about Ivan being a bad driver.. IRONY.. and put her seat belt on, so I did too. After a good 10 minutes of trying to figure out what was going on in front of us we get out of the car to see the damage. The baby was okay, she stopped crying and was still in her mother's arms. However, something we didn't see.. another girl, probably 10 or 11, was laying on the floor next to the car.. she didn't fly out or anything but it was obvious that she was in the car and they laid her down next to the car. She wasn't bleeding or anything, she wasn't crying, she just looked like she was in shock. The cops made them move the cars out of traffic to take care of business. The girl was carried out in a strecher. But she was going to be okay. There were 3 cars in this crash. Ivan's car got a scratch, I repeat, a minor scratch on the hood. You couldn't even tell it was in an accident. The car in the middle was sandwitched and the car in front of that one got a new ass job. Just then a cow runs down the street followed by a mob of panicked Mexicans and a guy on a bike with a lasso. Oh Mexico. Poor Ic\van, the cops made him sit in the back of the cop car to make sure he doesn't "escape." We wait. An hour later the mob is walking back with the cow in their captivity. The cow is stubborn, poor animal, it is obvious it doesn't want to go back. Ever 5 steps and it stubbornly sits down. This results in the crowd going, "Ohhhhhhh!" This then follows by them pushing, pulling, lifting, pinching, and all those dreadful things to the cow to get it moving again. After a good 5 minutes it takes another 5 steps and sits back down. The fair where the cow came from is a good 2 KM away, it's going to be a long night for all of us. When the cow finally gets up the crowd goes "Yahhh!" But soon enough we hear, "Ohhhh!" At one point I look to my left and I see a mob of people crowded over a stubborn cow, in front of me is poor Ivan sunk in the backseat of a cop car, to my right is a random dog barking on a ledge at everyone. I can only say, "Oh Mexico precioso, I'm definately going to miss you."

No comments:

Post a Comment