Sunday, November 8, 2009

Late Night Strolls With MY P.I.C.

I must admit that Keach and I have a terrible habit of thinking that we can walk anywhere. For whatever reason we think that nothing can be that far away so we might as well walk. There are plenty of times when we could have forked over the six pesos and cut our trip by an hour, but for some reason we never do. For instance, several weeks back we were at Keach's house in the Centro and made plans to go to the BBQ house for wings and beer. His mom told us it was by Fridays and I was like "Oh I know where that is, it's not far at all".... Turns out that what I thought was Fridays is actually a Chiles. So we asked for directions and headed towards Prolongation for what turned out to be an absolute hike. It was six miles away, about seven and half from Keach's house. We got there finally a hour and a half later completely drenched in sweat and they barely let us in because we looked so ragged. It was well worth the walk, we ate our weight in wings and beer. We walked the whole way back, we had to work all the wings off. We always walk home from the clubs as well. I dunno why, we always just make a promise at the beginning of the night to end the night with a early morning stroll. It probably it is not the smartest thing to do, we have had a lot of close calls. We got into a wrestling match outside a restaurant and the waiter started yelling at us that he is going to call the cops. I kinda trespassed on some private party but to my defense, it looked like Walmart. Keach had to talk to the cops for about twenty minutes after that one. People always yell out of their car windows at us and one night Keach and I decided to follow them. We tried to follow them for thirty minutes, never found them. Most recently, this car followed us for a mile asking to give us a ride. We kept on saying no but the male driver was pretty intent on giving us a ride. Keach and I decided if he tried any funny business, we could handle him so we got in. He had two female companions who didnt seem as as interested in us as he did. He wanted to know which house exactly I lived in but I insisted we were close enough. Keach braved the rest of the ride by himself to his house. The guy really had to pee so Keach let him in and showed him the bathroom. Probably not the smartest idea to take that ride, but after a night of intense dancing, the legs needed a little break.

No comments:

Post a Comment