Friday, November 6, 2009

The Sickness Has Passed- Lee Myers-White

Well it happened, I finally got sick. I am actually very surprised I lasted as long as I did, and I am also surprised and happy that it never turned into a stomach problem, which I think would have been much worse and more difficult to deal with since we were on our trip when it occurred. Over all it was uncomfortable and disappointing because I did miss a few things, but it was probably the best way to be sick. Apparently, according to Bertha, our house mom, the rainy season started while we were gone, which is kind of disappointing since I was looking forward to continuing to enjoy the beach every Friday. There is a tropical storm coming though, so maybe it will clear up after that passes since we only have a few more weekends left. Another thing which has come to my attention is that I have bought very few items on my stay, nothing besides my hammock for myself and very little for other people. The most promising time I had to get good stuff was when we were in Oaxaca for day of the day, but that was when I got sick. I do not know where or what I should get since I have tried to stop myself from buying just a bunch of small little trinkets and instead try to find things I actually may want later in life, the only problem that has stopped me from making some of these purchases is that many of the items are large and sometimes easily breakable so they would be very difficult to transport back home. Hopefully by the end of the trip something will have called my name. Also coming up in the next few weeks is Thanksgiving. This has been a sort of disappointing thought for me since the break will most likely be absent of anything resembling our celebrations for the holiday, which I really do enjoy. On the brighter side we are looking into going somewhere for the break and as of now we are looking at staying in a house on an island for a few days with no cars, which hopefully could be relaxing. It is also looking to be very cheap which is a plus and maybe we could find some way to pull off a Mexican Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment